Feb 28, 2013

Celebrating the Journey



 Title: Celebrating The Journey, Rediscovering Me
Author: Ashley Hill
Genre: Motivational, Self-Help, College

Ashley Hill is excited yet nervous about her first year of college. She has an encounter that sends her life on an unforgettable path. She begins on a journey in pursuit of her authentic self to become a whole person again and fulfill her destiny. This candid account of her story will leave readers inspired and encouraged to accomplish their dreams.








Author Bio
 Ashley Hill is a college success coach who brings her knowledge, expertise, and compassion to helping
middle and high school students and their families to successfully prepare for college. She is the host
of her weekly show, College Prep Radio and the author of Celebrating the Journey: Rediscovering Me, a motivational book for teens.



Book Excerpts

Excerpt #1
The problem with the truth is that it hurts! Part of the reason why the truth hurts is because within you, you know it’s the real deal. The amazing thing about truth is that it requires us to do some self-examination and determine the root of our issue or understanding. Most people don’t want to get to the root of the issue because it requires change! I can tell you from personal experience, that it is easier to accept the lie because accepting false information is comfortable and doesn’t require any work or change on our part. Discovering, embracing, and carrying out the truth requires us all to change! Another problem people have with the truth is that it puts you face to face with responsibility. Yet another problem with truth is that it can cause fear or anxiety because we may have to walk into a new and unfamiliar situation that may require us to cut off friendships or move to a new place. Embracing truth can bring about fear of the unknown. Another problem people have with the truth is that no matter the excuse, you can’t argue with it – it is what it is. These problems with the truth are keeping so many people stuck on the toxic merry-go-round, which causes nothing but stress and drama today. It is time to get off the toxic merry-go-round, there are more important things to do such as becoming whole and influencing others for the better.

Excerpt #2

I know many of you either know someone who tells you that he or she wasn’t aware of the warning signs, or you can draw from personal examples. I can guarantee you that everyone has characteristics that will confirm either whether you should or should not engage in any type of relationship with the person. Remember that it is not the other person’s job to tell you that he or she is not a good fit for a relationship.  Often times, someone will not tell you that his or her behavior is going to bring negative consequences in your life. You have the ultimate responsibility to decide who deserves a place in your life and who is not worthy of your attention or time. I have found an effective way to help you make these decisions is to compare the qualities of the person with your purpose. If the person displays behavior that is not moving forward with your purpose, close the door.  Only spend your time with those who will push and encourage you to fulfill your purpose. Know that when you make a clean a break from people who are out of line with your purpose, you will face opposition, sour attitudes, and then some!

Excerpt #3

While I didn’t want to listen at times, my family remained honest with me and encouraged me to seek out the truth. They encouraged me to find the resources that could help me make one of the toughest decisions I have had to make in my life so far – embrace my authentic self and live accordingly. I want to note that my family never advised me to end the relationship or to stay in the relationship; they encouraged me to make an educated decision. I knew I could count on my brothers and parents telling me the truth. They made it very clear to me that they don’t condone abuse of any kind. I am forever grateful and humbled by their love for me. I have discovered through this traumatic time in my life that I have great friends. Wherever I was on the planet, my friends called, texted, and emailed me. They listened to me vent out my frustrations for hours. I tried to present a strong front to them, but I know they realized that I was at some of the lowest points in my life. They never judged me but encouraged me to be strong and make the best decision for me.

Links