Jul 27, 2014

Lets Get Lost - Favorite Reading Spots

Favorite Spots to Read

1. The beach- I don’t think this one requires an explanation. When I lived in Israel, I would start reading as soon as I arrived at the beach. When I started to get nice and sweaty, I’d get into the water and swim around until I was ready to go back to read. Over and over again until the sun set.
2. Rooftops- Anywhere with a view. It makes those little breaks between chapters or at the end of a particularly good scene or even a great line so much more enjoyable. And finishing a book on a rooftop? Oh man. It’s so cathartic.
3. Coffee shops- Because who doesn’t like a little people-watching to go along with their reading? Books are great covers (no pun intended) when you want to eavesdrop. People assume you’re in your own world, rightfully so.
4. Airports/planes- I’ve never understood why people are so anti-airports. It’s a thrill for me to have two hours to wait for a plane where I’m not expected to be productive except for in my reading. All the time you’re waiting until your plane boards, all that time in the air, it’s the world granting permission to read (not that we need permission). It’s a booklover’s ideal world, hidden among security lines and overpriced bottles of water everything.
5. Hammocks- That’s what they were made for, right? Naps and reading?