Jul 26, 2014

The Transition

The Transition
by Erin R. Flynn

Book: Dr. Kelly Murphy #2

Publisher: Create Space
Pub Date: Feb 12 2014
Genre: Vampires, New Adult
Format: eBook
Source: Author
Book Links: Goodreads  Amazon  Book Depository

Moving past the choice made for her to become a vampire, Dr. Kelly Murphy is determined not to let it derail the vision she had of her life. Instead, she transitions herself to live her once human life and adjust to her new vampire responsibilities. And those are too many to count at times.


Not only does she need to learn what navigating through vampire culture truly means—and survive—but she also has to figure out her new abilities and limitations. Oh, and there’s a King of the vampires, who seems nice… That’s not the same as being her friend though. Then again, she’s never really sure who she can trust since they all seem to have their own agenda and want something from her.


Even if it’s simply to be in her bed, winning her like a prize.


When leaders in the vampire hierarchy start being murdered, no one has any clue as to the culprit, and they could all be next. And here she was exceeding everyone’s expectations in her career. Maybe lasting through her internship really isn’t an option?



My Review: I'm back with book two! Now this one was much better for me and made me re love the series! 


Okay so Kelly has remained a doctor despite being a vampire and wanting to bite her patients.  So she has to work on that and learn all she can about vampires and culture and how things work in todays world. Oh and the Vampire King is definitely something. Nice, but I wonder what he could really be hiding. 


Then Brian becomes a pain at times. These two are on and off and either they just stay or go. It drives me crazy and I'd rather just see them stick together since they are lovely that way. 


So then for some more fun, we have murders going on! Why?Who? Well its pretty baffling to them right now. Though that isn't the only issue in the vampire world. A lot of them want Kelly, like she is just some prize to be won. That drove me nuts and I just wanted to dive in and give them all a lesson. People are not prizes! Human or not! Gahhh! Besides driving me nuts, it also made me more addicted to the book, because it got me involved and it just has some great writing!


You take Brian, murders, working, and so much more that is tearing at Kelly that it makes you like her even more and just want to dive in and help her out. Taking every little thing and you are given an amazing story and on the edge of your seat reading. This book was better than the first and really took me in and I can't wait to see what will be in store next for Kelly!


My Rating:
✪✪✪✪