Jul 14, 2015

Rarity from the Hollow

Rarity from the Hollow
by Robert Eggleton

Book: Stand Alone
Publisher: Dog Horn
Pub Date: March 2012
Genre: Adult
Format: eBook
Source: Author
Book Links: Goodreads  Amazon

Lacy Dawn, the eleven year old protagonist, perches precariously between the psychosis of childhood and the multiple neuroses of adolescence, buffeted by powerful gusts of budding sexuality and infused with a yearning to escape the grim and brutal life of a rural Appalachian existence. In this world, Daddy is a drunk with severe PTSD, and Mommy is an insecure wraith. The boss is a dodgy lecher, not above leering at the flat chest of an eleven-year-old girl.

Yes, all in one book.

Rarity From The Hollow is written in a simple declarative style that’s well- suited to the imaginary diary of a desperate but intelligent eleven-year-old – the story bumping joyfully between the extraordinary and the banal.


My Review: Sadly this was a DNF.

I just don't like that its written in a dairy style. And I don't really care much for war genre stories. But I gave it a shot. If you're someone who likes this type of book then I'm sure you'll love it. Unfortunatley it just wasn't for me.